Saturday, April 21, 2012

Fashion Upcycle

Whew! I've been busy. Not busy blogging obviously but busy! Anyway, I haven't finished my upcycles yet but I wanted to give you and idea of what I am working on.

This dress is not my favorite but I like the fabric.

I bought it for my honeymoon (10 years ago) and it's been worn once. Don't like the off-the-shoulder or the asymetrical hem.

So....I will cut off the hem to make it even and I'll use the leftover hem to make a strap on the empty side.


All was going well until I tried it on before completing the sewing and remembered (thanks to the tight fit), that I'd had it altered before the wedding, and then I went and had 3 children. Sooooo, now I am picking out the stitches of the alterations (she cut off the excess fabric so now I have very little to work with) and working to make it fit. Fortunately it is cut on the bias so if I can just loosen the bust area it should fit fine.

Come back to find out if the finished project goes into MY closet or Good Will's.

183712_250x250 April Showers Sale - Ends April 28th

No comments:

Post a Comment